Roasted cauliflower mash is packed with nutty flavor of roasted cauliflower and garlic. It’s combined with butter and olive oil for rich flavor without being too heavy.
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil + 1 tsp
- 1 tsp kosher salt + 1/4 tsp
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter + more for serving
- 3 tbsp minced chives (optional for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 425. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss chopped cauliflower & garlic with 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tsp kosher salt, and cracked black pepper.
- Spread the cauliflower out on a large sheet pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes, turning the pan halfway through. The cauliflower is done when golden brown and soft when pierced with a fork.
- Add the roasted cauliflower & garlic to the bowl of a food processor with the butter, 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and 1/4 tsp kosher salt.
- Process on high, stopping to scrape down the sides, until the cauliflower is completely pureed. *See note
- Serve immediately topped with minced chives & butter, or store in the fridge for up to a week. *See note for reheating instructions.
- I like to puree my cauliflower until smooth, but if you would like to maintain a bit of texture, don’t puree as long.
- If your puree is on the dry side, add additional butter 1 tbsp at a time.
- Taste for salt and add 1/4 tsp more at a time, if needed.
- If making ahead, remove from the fridge for about an hour prior to reheating. Dot the top of the mashed cauliflower with a few pats of butter, then cover in foil. Heat in a 375 degree oven for 30-45 minutes.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cauliflower, side dish, butter, milk, crea, veggies, vegetables, dinner side, thanksgiving side