Chunky guacamole with the bright flavors of lime and cilantro
- 4 avocados, cubed (preferably Haas)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 serrano pepper, minced (seeded and deveined if you don’t like it spicy)
- ¼ cup of red onion, finely diced
- 1 small roma tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2-3 limes
- Kosher salt, to taste
- If you are using a molcajete, grind the garlic and serrano into a paste. If you are not using a molcajete, skip to step two.
- Add the garlic, serrano, red onion, tomato, cilantro, and a pinch of salt to a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the diced avocados and the juice of 1 lime. Stir to combine.
- This is the step for taste testing. Typically, I will add in about ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt and the juice of another lime. I continue to taste and add more lime and salt as needed.
- Once you are happy with the taste, eat right away! If you need to store the guacamole, do so in an airtight container. I press a piece of plastic wrap on the surface of the guacamole to help keep air out, then put the lid on the container.
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: dip, chips, avocado, spice, serrano, onions, garlic, guacamole