Mini bundt cakes infused with sliced strawberries and glazed with a sweet lemon sugar syrup
For the Cake:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups diced strawberries
For the Glaze:
- 1 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 5 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Pinch of kosher salt
For the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 and set the rack to the lower middle position.
- Spray 4 cups of a Bundt pan tray or mini Bundt pans with non-stick baking spray.
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the buttermilk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- Beat the butter and sugar with a hand mixer on low speed for about 1 minute, until the sugar is moistened.
- Increase the speed to medium high and beat for 3 minutes until pale and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the eggs and beat until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low. Add the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the buttermilk mixture in 2 additions. Increase the speed to medium high and beat until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Fold the strawberries into the batter by hand.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 4 Bundt pans. Gently tap the pans on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake the cakes for 20-25 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through. They should be lightly golden, and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Cool the pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the cakes from the pans and cool completely for an hour.
- To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and a pinch of kosher salt. Whisk to combine.
- If serving the Bundt cakes right away, pour the glaze evenly over the cakes once cool. If serving the cakes later, store the cakes and the glaze in separate airtight containers. Refrigerate the glaze. Pour over the cakes evenly when ready to serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
Keywords: strawberry, dessert, lemon, sugar, glaze, cake, Bundt,mini