Olive Oil Pasta Sauce w/Lemon, Herbs & Parmesan is a quick dinner idea packed with flavor! Fresh fettuccine, extra virgin olive oil, lemon, and fresh herbs come together in under 10 minutes.
- 12 oz fresh fettuccine
- ⅓ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Kosher salt for seasoning pasta water
- Set a large pot of water on the stove to boil. Once boiling, generously salt the water. *See note.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl (large enough to toss the pasta), whisk together the lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil to combine. Whisk in parsley, chives, and crushed red pepper.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain and reserve 2-3 tablespoons of pasta water.
- Using tongs, add the pasta to the bowl with the lemon, oil, and herbs; toss to coat, while sprinkling in the Parmesan cheese. Add 1-2 tablespoons of pasta water to thin the sauce, if desired.
- Serve immediately, garnishing with additional Parmesan or fresh herbs.
- This is your only opportunity to season the pasta, so add enough salt to your pasta water for it to taste salty like the sea. The amount of salt will vary based on the size of your pot and the amount of water used.
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Fresh fettuccine, Brightland Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Parmesan cheese, simple dinner recipe, dinner for two, parsley, chives, herbs, easy pasta sauce, Olive Oil Pasta Sauce