Quick and easy parmesan peppercorn salad dressing comes together in less than 10 minutes, and makes a delicious addition to your lunchtime routine!
For the dressing:
- 6 tbsp mayo
- 6 tbsp buttermilk
- 4 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese *See note
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- ¾ tsp lemon zest
- 1 ¾ tsp coarsely grated black pepper
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
For the salad (serves 2):
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1/4 cup roasted chickpeas *See Note
- 1/4 cup sliced raw asparagus
- Parmesan Peppercorn Dressing to taste
- Add all ingredients to a blender except lemon zest and black pepper.
- Blend the ingredients starting on low speed and slowly increase to high speed, until ingredients are emulsified.
- Add in the lemon zest and black pepper. Blend on low speed to incorporate. *See note.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- You can substitute other Italian cheeses like Pecorino Romano. If you do sub the cheese, be mindful of the saltiness of the cheese. I recommended reducing the salt 1/8 tsp initially to make sure the dressing isn’t overly salty.
- Add the lemon zest and black pepper last to make sure they aren’t overly blended into the dressing.
- Buttermilk freezes well. Pour leftover buttermilk into an ice cube tray, freeze, then store in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. Generally, a cube of buttermilk frozen in an ice cube tray will be about 2 tablespoons. Thaw in the fridge, and whisk together if separated.
- You can find my recipe for roasted chickpeas here. When I’m adding them to this salad, I only season with salt.
- Category: Condiments, Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: parmesan, black pepper, buttermilk, lemon juice, lemon zest, extra virgin olive oil, quick salad dressing, homemade salad dressing