Homemade vanilla pudding swirled with Crofter’s Organic Strawberry Fruit Spread is frozen into fruity, creamy, sweet pudding pops.
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 10 oz Crofter’s Organic Premium Strawberry Fruit Spread
- In a medium saucepan, combine ¾ cup of sugar with the whole milk and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a medium heat-proof bowl, whisk the egg yolks. Slowly whisk in ¼ cup of sugar until the eggs turn light and airy.
- Temper the eggs. Slowly whisk ½ cup of the warm milk into the whipped eggs (see note). Whisk the tempered eggs into the remainder of the warm milk.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Whisk the mixture into the warm milk.
- Continue to cook the pudding over medium heat until the first bubbles pop, then cook for 30 seconds while stirring continuously. The pudding should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and strain through a fine mesh strainer into a quart size measuring cup. *See note. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add the Crofter’s Organic Strawberry Fruit Spread to a small heat-proof bowl, and microwave for 15 to 20 seconds. *See note.
- Alternate adding the Crofter’s Organic Strawberry Fruit Spread and the vanilla pudding to the ice pop molds.
- Put the molds in the freezer for a minimum of 6 hours; overnight is best.
- Carefully remove the pudding pops from the molds (*see note). Store them in an airtight container, separated by parchment paper, in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Whisk the milk in slowly so you don’t scramble the eggs.
- Straining the pudding through a fine mesh strainer will capture any pieces of egg that may have scrambled.
- Straining into a measuring cup will make it easier to pour the pudding into the ice pop molds.
- Microwaving Crofter’s Organic Strawberry Fruit Spread will make it easier to spread in the molds.
- If you are using plastic ice pop molds, carefully run them under hot water for 20-30 seconds to loosen the pudding pops from the molds.
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pudding pops, Jello pops, Pudding pops recipe, Homemade pudding pops, Crofter’s Organic Strawberry Fruit Spread, Strawberries, Vanilla pudding, Frozen dessert, Fruit spread