Cherry tomatoes are slow roasted with garlic & olive oil, then blended with white wine vinegar & herbs for a simple tomato vinaigrette perfect for salads, pasta, or sandwiches.
- 16 oz cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh basil, loosely packed + 5–6 additional leaves
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In an oven-safe dish, combine cherry tomatoes, smashed garlic, ½ cup extra virgin olive oil, and ¼ cup loosely packed basil. Toss to lightly coat, and roast for 1 hour, rotating the dish halfway through cooking.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine roasted tomatoes, garlic, basil, and olive oil in a blender with the remaining ingredients (*see note). Blend on high until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Don’t forget to include the ¼ cup of olive oil that was not used in roasting the tomatoes.
- Category: Salads & Dressings
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cherry tomatoes, roasted tomatoes, roasted cherry tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, basil, chives, vinaigrette, salad dressing, pasta sauce